We believe that it is our responsibility to Reduce, Reuse and Recycle any way possible. We have the opportunity to make a big impact on our community by being local leaders in the Going Green effort. We have begun implementing our Every Day is Earth Day program which includes ways that guests can help us reduce the amount of water and energy we use and the amount of wastewater we produce.
At the Falls Motel we also:
- We installed an on-demand hot water system for all areas of the motel
- Use energy efficient lightbulbs
- Maintain our facilities
- Upgraded toilets to ADA height and water wise (where possible)
- Install water saving shower heads
- Use earth friendly cleaning products
- Reuse our stained/damaged towels as cleaning rags
- Bring cans and papers left in the guest rooms to recycling
- Provide guests a map to the local recycling center
- Weather strip doors and windows
- Turn off refrigerators between guests
- Xeriscaping much of our landscape
- And we turn off the lights behind us...
We participate in earth friendly programs/events including:
Thompson Falls Farmers Market - supporting local farmers, bakers & crafters
Sanders County Yard Saleing Event - the ultimate recycling event - 100+ yard sales in two days
We're sponsored the "Bridge the Gap" effort, a local campaign working to restore the historic High Bridge, creating a pedestrian access to the south side of the Clark Fork River. From here visitors can easily reach hundreds of miles of trails, alpine lakes and view majestic scenery.
We only just began our mission of "Going Green". This is not a passing fad that will be popular today and gone tomorrow. We know that every day must be earth day and the changes we make to our processes, procedures, and use of our resources need to be part of our daily lives.